Monday, August 11, 2014

Spider-Man vs. The Lizard! 1974 Albert Bigley Art! "Your Done For!" Marvel Comics?!

Time to re-open the awesome art vault, and unearth yet another "treasure" from my pulpy-page packed past! This time, we come up with a faux cover for a Bronze Age SPIDER-MAN issue that never was! It's Spidey vs. the lethal Lizard, as envisioned by a 9-year old me in 1974! Spurred on by my acquiring of the then-new Mego action figure of the repulsive reptile-man, I just had to create a captivating cover scene involving these two cavorting characters! Looks like I also sorta used AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #134 as an inspiration for this sensational scribble! Click below to enlarge!

Above: Tho it makes me cringe to view it now, the above drawing does
demonstrate a fairly advanced understanding of anatomy, foreshortening,
depth, and composition! Not bad for a nine-year-old! Now,the spelling
is another matter...


BONUS! Click below to view the nifty 1974 Lizard action figure, produced by the mighty Mego folks!


No comments: