Monday, February 25, 2013

The Vulture! Custom Mego Action Figure! John Romita Art! Marvel!

Here is my attempt at creating a custom "Mego" action figure of the great Spider-Man foe, the Vulture! The Mego gang only provided frantic fans with Spidey enemies The Lizard and Green Goblin in the mid-70s, but what if they had shot out more Spidey bad guys? Click each image below to enlarge!

Above: Believe it or not, I started with a bald “Thor” head, added
putty for larger nose, ears, brow, and facial details, made 

a plaster cast of that modified head, then painted!


Above: A custom green suit (from "Dr. Mego") got some ink and pastel treatments to
create a gradated “feathered” effect, then, I added some white tufts for
the crest! I eliminated the neck, in order to attach the head low
on the
  white crest, to create a hunched effect for the figure!













Above: I used green felt to carefully cut the wing shapes, affixing 
them to the back of the figure...I also used some custom 
"open" hands from “Doctor Mego,” in an effort to craft 
the proper body language for this super-villain! 


Above: I also created a custom package for displaying the
figure, using Silver Age art by John Romita, Sr.!



Above: A close-up of the custom card art by itself!

BONUS! Click here to see more mighty Marvel Mego customs!

No comments: